Can any one person change the world? I am not trying to be pessimistic. I know that given certain circumstances one person can have an impact on a group of people. But does that impact have the ability to infiltrate so many people that it changes the world?
I am currently loving the great heat debate. Obviously all of the anchors on Fox news got their degrees in degrees. That is why they have become experts in the field of weather and climate. Clearly a thing like Global Warming could not exist when blizzards are attacking the United States. There is no such thing as cold water that might be coming from the South Pole's melting ice mixed with the Pacific water current thereby lowering the temperature of the water and creating the environment for a blizzard...that is just crazy talk and Al Gore is the king of crazy talk.
I love the dramatics of news programs. This performance of superiority. In truth that is what news is. Without the news people would be in the dark about the rest of the world. Before "Your Local News at 5" or the news paper people lived in their tiny towns, drank their sludge, farmed their master's land and never knew that other towns existed. With the invention of news, peasants became people in the know. And as we have all been told Knowledge is Power. Those who are in the know are the ones who hold the power and the news casters are the ones who are in the know. They are superior. The hold the power to inform either correctly or incorrectly and they always know before we do.
I am going to go with- change what about the world? We all say this a lot, but what the hell does it really mean? Make the world a Stepford place? Make the world a Disney movie? I think all each person can do is try to leave a positve taste in the world's mouth.
ReplyDeleteAs far as news programs go, I hate them. I can't believe I spent at 20 years of my life thinking they were objectively telling me the truth about going-ons. How naive. Now I just hate them and their snooty superiority complexes.
Good question.