Sunday, September 13, 2009

Your Poker Face Is Covered by Some Feathers


It is late and I am writing by the light of my television as it broadcasts the MTV VMAs again.
Not much new in the world of the beautiful, rich and famous. Lady Gaga chose to "shock the world" by dressing like a fool. She had several outfit changes through the night including a red outfit lace outfit that covered her face and head and a white Eskimo-esque dress that she ended the typical award show night with.

Of course all of the Google alerts and Twitter tweets have gone off about how Kanye West rocked the VMAs by disrupting Taylor Swifts acceptance speech. Has anyone ever expected anything but that level of absurdity from Kanye? It makes my own eyes roll that I am writing about his absurdity because that is exactly what he wants from his stunts.

So besides watching too much TV what is a post graduate with a BA in English and Theatre in a downsizing economy supposed to do with all her free time? I suppose studying for the GRE and applying to graduate school is where I should start. Then I can add on a little weight loss and maybe even some church choir. The non-adventure will continue because otherwise we would all just be repeating the same day over and over and over again; and while this Sunday was an exciting one with my new bicycle seat failure and entertaining VMAs I am sure MTV will keep the VMAs on constant cycle only stopping for important things like the new season of The Hills or its knockoff *I mean spin off * The City. Don't worry video junkies you can just order MTV47 from your local cable provider and see all the videos you could imagine. You just have to pay an extra $40 a month.

The same price as Lady Gaga's dress.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed that Kayne just wants attention by being a jerk. And even though it doesn't surprise me when he does stupid stuff, I still get upset that there are people who are such jerks! You joined church choir? I like singing Evleen!

    ReplyDelete